Trải nghiệm sòng bạc trực tuyếnSSI benefits also are payable to people 65 and older without disabilities who meet the financial limits.
People who have worked long enough may also be able to receive Social Security disability or retirement benefits as well as SSI. Learn more about SSI…
How Do I Apply For SSI?
Trải nghiệm sòng bạc trực tuyếnIf you would like to apply for SSI benefits for:
An adult with a disability
Trải nghiệm sòng bạc trực tuyếnYou can now file for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) online but only if you meet certain requirements. You are eligible to file online for SSI if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 and 65.
- Have never been married.
- Are a U.S. citizen residing in one of the fifty states, District of Columbia, or the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Haven’t applied for or received SSI benefits in the past.
- Are applying for Social Security Disability Insurance at the same time as your SSI claim. Find out if you are eligible to receive Social Security Disability Benefits.
Trải nghiệm sòng bạc trực tuyếnOnce you complete the online process, a Social Security representative will contact you by mail or phone if we need additional information.
Trải nghiệm sòng bạc trực tuyếnIf someone else submits the online application(s) on your behalf, one of our representatives will contact you directly by phone to:
- Verify your intent to file.
- Confirm the information provided.
- Obtain any additional information needed for the application(s).
- Give you the opportunity to provide a verbal signature and other relevant documents.
Social Security will also mail you a paper copy of the Application Summary for you to sign and return to us.
Apply With Your Local Office
Trải nghiệm sòng bạc trực tuyếnYou can do most of your business with Social Security online. If you cannot use these online services, your local Social Security office can help you apply. Although our offices are closed to the public, employees from those offices are assisting people by telephone. You can find the phone number for your local office by using our and looking under Social Security Office Information. The toll-free “Office” number is your local office.
Learn more about SSI and start the application process on our Disability Benefits page.
A child with a disability
Social Security does not yet have an online application for Children’s benefits. Visit Apply For Disability Benefits – Child (Under Age 18) to apply for your child.
You can complete the online if you are ready to apply now.
A person age 65 and older
- Call us at 1-800-772-1213. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you can call us at TTY 1-800-325-0778, or
- Visit your . (Call first to make an appointment.)
Can I File An Appeal If My SSI Application Was Denied?
Yes, if we recently denied your SSI application, you can file an SSI appeal online. To learn more, read how to appeal a decision.
If You Already Receive SSI Benefits
Create a my Social Security account and sign in with us to:
- Get your benefit verification letter. (includes Social Security and Medicare) and
- Check your information, benefits and earnings record.
You do not need a my Social Security account to:
- Select or change the way you receive information from Social Security if you are blind or visually impaired; and
- to your personal information.
Extra Hours: This service is available on Sunday until 11:30 PM ET