Double-click a state to open its website. (text version)
This page requires Flash Player version 9.0.45 or higher. .
This website is designed to help incarcerated individuals successfully transition back into the community. As part of the Federal Interagency Reentry Council, we work with other Federal agencies to provide information about available services such as help finding a job or applying for possible benefits such as cash benefits, health care, food, and housing.
- This map identifies State Facilities that have prerelease agreements for social security replacement cards and benefit applications, with the Social Security Administration.
- It provides contact information for the facilities and directs the user to other available resources.
- Prerelease agreements provide additional time for individuals to apply for benefits and/or a replacement social security card prior to their expected release from a facility.
- Prerelease applications assist eligible individuals in successfully transition back into the community.
For more information
- We currently have a national agreement that covers federal facilities under the Federal Bureau of Prisons for Social Security Card and Benefit Applications. See their facilities at .
- For more information on benefits that may be applied for under prerelease agreements, see SSA’s Benefits after Incarceration.
- To locate your local Social Security Field Office see our .